Are you struggling with Bulimia? We can help.
Led by one of the nation’s most prominent psychiatrists for eating disorders, Kimberly Dennis, MD, SunCloud Health has become a top bulimia treatment center in the Chicago area.
Bulimia Nervosa: Did you know?
- At least 30 million people of all ages and gender suffer from an eating disorder in the U.S.[i],[ii]
- More American women suffer from bulimia than anorexia (1.5% vs. 0.9%, respectively). i
- Nearly half of bulimia patients have a co-occurring mood disorder, while more than half have a co-occurring anxiety disorder.[iii]
- Nearly 1 in 10 bulimia patients have a co-occurring substance abuse disorder (usually alcohol use). iii
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.[iv]
- 13% of women over 50 engage in eating disorder behaviors.[v]
- Genetics, environmental factors and personality traits all combine to create risk for an eating disorder.[vi]
- 50% to 80% of the risk for anorexia and bulimia is genetic.[vii]