Adolescent Cannabis: Modern Trends, Risks and Treatment, Presented by Alexander Chevalier, MD
The modern cannabis industry has changed the way adolescents consume marijuana, the risks associated with this, and what we can do help adolescents struggling with their cannabis use. This talk will highlight the risks specific to marijuana’s impact on the developing adolescent brain. It is designed for school counselors and social workers, treatment professionals and families with adolescents.
- Understand modern cannabis and how it is mostly typically consumed by adolescents
- Identify the largest risks associated with cannabis use in adolescents
- Understand the treatment options for adolescents’ using cannabis
- Analyze the latest scientific research on food addiction as it relates to body weight and food cravings.
- Explain how the criteria for addiction have been identified with processed foods.
- Discuss the psychology of abstinence from or restriction of processed foods within the context of eating disorder treatments