Teenage Depression Treatment: What You Need to Know
As most parents can attest, moodiness, irritation, confusion, and behavioral changes are all normal in teen development: Adolescents are growing and developing, this often comes with difficulty, feelings of awkwardness, sadness and distress for young adults. However, it is not wise to rule out teenage depression: consistent and severe changes in your teen’s mood and functioning might be symptoms of a larger, underlying issue that requires treatment.
VIDEO: WHAT QUESTIONS PARENTS SHOULD ASK A TREATMENT PROVIDER?
Dr. Alexander Chevalier, Medical Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at SunCloud Health, details the questions parents should be asking when looking for a treatment provider.
VIDEO: DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO PULL MY KID OUT OF SCHOOL FOR TREATMENT?
Hear from Dr. Chevalier on the balance school and extracurricular activities with treatment. In most cases, coursework is unaffected and can be improved while a student is out of school receiving treatment.
Parents should be encouraged to seek treatment for teen depression in severe cases. This article will discuss, in depth, depression in teens and treatment options to help you better understand:
- Signs and Symptoms that your teen may be depressed
- Common underlying causes of Teen Depression
- What steps to take if you believe your teen is experiencing depression
- Tips for having a conversation with your teen about depression
- If your child needs help from a treatment center for depressed teens/treatment centers and program types
- What makes SunCloud Health a top center for teen depression treatment