Psychedelics: Hope or Hype?
In this talk, entitled “Psychedelics: Hope or Hype?”, I provide a general overview of psychedelic psychopharmacology and the clinical and neuroscientific data that have led to growing interest in psychedelics and psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- Review hallucinogen pharmacology (including a comparison between classic psychedelics, MDMA, dissociative anesthetics such as ketamine, deliriants, and other classes of hallucinogens)
- Consider strengths and weaknesses of clinical data supporting the use of psychedelics as treatment for mood and addiction disorders
- Consider risks and challenges of the use of psychedelics as medicine
- Describe the state of science investigating mechanisms of action from the psychological and neurobiological levels
- Consider future challenges and impacts that this unique treatment may have on the mental health system.
We’re unable to offer CMEs for this presentation.
Attend Virtually or In-Person
Friday, August 18th – 11:00am CST
Earn 1 CEU