My Approach to Therapy
I am an independent provider, caring for my own caseload of individuals who find their life slowed, halted, or impaired by anxiety, depression, addictions, anger, loneliness, or relationship issues. A thorough lengthened assessment and evaluation help to determine a mutually agreed upon evidence-based treatment plan that may include medications, individual or group psychotherapy, with special discernment for the needed medication-free lifestyle changes. I realize being fully present as a fellow human being, allowing my patient to be seen, can lead to a productive and healing experience. I also believe it is important to go beyond the symptoms and understand the biology and pain that lies behind.
Education and Training
- Loyola University Chicago: RN-BSN
- Northern Illinois University: Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), FNP-Board Certified
- International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA): Certified Advanced Practice Addictions Nurse (CARN-AP)
- Loyola University Chicago: Certified Sexual Therapist
- American Group Psychotherapy Association: Certified Group Therapist (CGP)
- The Center for Group Studies: Current ongoing work for additional certification in group work
I enjoy being curious about what makes people who they are. My own long journey has included finding a blend for self, family and profession. There has been hope, love, loss, fear, darkness and light. I love traveling and staying at home, enjoying good food, gardening, and I appreciate time to read, or just be with my dogs. I am excited to be part of SunCloud Health!