SunCloud Health patients are complex, diverse and incredibly resilient.
For those wondering if we treat what you or a loved one may be struggling with, we thought the data below might be helpful. At SunCloud we collect a lot of data on our patients, their progress and what types of interventions have the most positive impact (and which don’t).
Our integrative treatment model is different from most. We want people to see what we do, how we do it, how well we do it and where we can improve.
Patients deserve nothing less than this level of transparency.
Diagnosis at Admission
- Anxiety/Depression 91%
- Underlying Trauma 54%
- Substance Use 48%
- Anorexia 30%
- Binge Eating 8%
- Bulimia 8%
- Other 8%
Previous Level of Care before SCH
- None 36%
- Another IOP/PHP 11%
- Referring OP 18%
- Residential 18%
- Inpatient 18%
Number of Diagnoses at admission
- One 13%
- Two 30%
- Three 36%
- Four 16%
- Five 2%
- Six 1%
WHO THEY REALLY ARE
The people who seek our guidance, are special. These human beings; our patients, have an endurance and stamina stronger than most of us can imagine. Every day they show up for treatment willing to face their own darkness, and to shine light on the wounds and pain which has remained hidden behind the shadow of addiction. Most of our patients come from broken family systems that are at minimum dysfunctional, which may include severe physical emotional and psychological abuse, neglect, bullying, abusive romantic partnerships, being marginalized for sexual and/or gender identity, and race.
One thing each of our patients share in common is this: at some point, and at no fault of their own, our patients lost their footing on life’s pathway. Whether they were misguided, mislead passively or forcefully, at some point, our patients lost sight of their connection to a Higher Power and Higher Purpose in life; a Spiritual connection which provides depth, meaning, and eternal peace. SunCloud is not allied with any religious sect or denomination, nor do we impose political beliefs on our patients, however we do enthusiastically support and encourage each of our patients to find their own truth and re-discover their passion for life by developing and exploring a relationship with a Higher Power of their own understanding. Addiction thrives in isolation. Recovery blossoms in togetherness and unity.
We often remind our Patient’s (and ourselves) that giving back to others what you’ve been given, is a beautiful and powerful way to strengthen one’s own recovery. Our treatment philosophy is rooted in spiritual principals and carrying the message of recovery is one that we practice as staff and encourage our patients to as well. Our lives become richer when we share the light within ourselves. Authenticity, passion and creative energy, and commitment to living authentically, is something that all of our patients are working hard to achieve every day. They all seek hope and inspiration every day.
Suffering from addiction, Mental illness and PTSD sucks the hope from your heart and replaces it with shame, guilt, regret and hopelessness. As our patients work on becoming whole, they are re-claiming their natural and God given gifts. Whether that be resuming an acting career, creating an algorithm for a web-designing site, or picking up the paint brush again, each of our patients craves hope. Supporting our special patients at SunCloud in this endeavor is a meaningful and wonderful experience for all of us.
By participating in treatment, our patients can benefit in the following ways:
* Their lives are saved, both literally in many cases as well as spiritually and emotionally.
* They can continue going to school or work, spending time with loved ones, and doing what makes their lives meaningful.
* They can rest assured knowing that we are working in collaboration with their other providers in a way that ensures our interests are aligned and centered around helping them improve their condition.
* They learn to respond to emotional adversity with healthy thoughts and actions.
* They surrender their lives to being who and what they were always meant to be and are no longer victim to the compulsive and self-destructive thoughts and actions dictated by their disease.
* They learn to rediscover the wonders of life to include the value of family, friends, their professions, their passions and their souls.
* They are able to address the physical and emotional components of their illness, often preventing the untreated or poorly treated behavioral illness from causing a costly and sometimes deadly related medical illness.
* They are able to take good care of themselves physically, emotionally and spiritually; many times this means the resolution of physical illness that was either associated with active mental illness or physical health that was unattended to due to the active mental illness. Our patients learn to care about their health and engage in recommended preventive medical, dental and mental health care activities.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SCH BY VIEWING OUR VIDEO FAQ PAGE HERE
VIDEO: A great message on how our model helps the patients we serve.
Emily Long Emily reflects on the successes of others through the integrative treatment approach at SunCloud Health.